The provider ‘Salon Expert’ trading as IATA Group. We provide accredited training courses and masterclasses as well as provide kits and products from specially selected providers. The terms “we”. “us” and “our” refer to the Salon Expert and IATA Group.
The age requirement for our courses is 16+ years of age, however some courses may be restricted to students 18 years of age and over. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to attend any of our training, please contact us prior to booking.
All students must hold the correct pre-requisite training required for their chosen course.
Training courses and masterclasses will be delivered in English. You will need to have adequate speaking and writing skills in English to attend our courses.
Students will be required to adhere to our strict dress code policy.
This entails of:
a. White lab coat
b. White or Black Head scarves only
c. Hair tied back in a bun
d. Short nails, free from nail extensions or nail polish
e. Flat black closed toe pumps/shoes with soft not slip soles
f. No jewellery other than a plain wedding band and/or religious necklaces or bangles must be covered by clothing.
g. Facial piercings should be removed if the training involves working on the face.
h. Visitor/name badges to be worn at all times.
5. Our policy is to treat all students with respect and courtesy during your visit to the IATA Group training course, irrespective of your sex, age,
race, religious or sexual beliefs. We expect our own students to be polite and courteous to all staff members, fellow students and clients during the
course and during any pre/post training communication. We reserve the right to remove anyone from our premises who becomes aggressive or
disruptive during the training course, or if other students raise any concerns over their treatment from other students.
6. Mobile phones or other electronic devices such as Apple Watches, Ipads, Tablets or Laptops etc.
7. During the course you will be expected to work on each other for practical training and assessments. Where assessments are to take place for
accredited training then you will be required to arrange models. Full details of all course requirements are listed on the syllabus and will be sent to
you via email prior to the course start date.
8. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or injury incurred whilst training with us. We cannot be held responsible for any allergic reactions to
products used during the course. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure the school is aware of any known allergies they may have, and to be
aware of products used on them within the class.
9. All training equipment, products or items provided by us for the duration of your course are the property of the Salon Expert/IATA Group and must not
be removed from the premises. Where courses require the purchase of any kits, these will be provided to you on the day of the training course and
will be used for your training.
10. Course manuals, notes, handouts, logos and training methods are the intellectual property of the Salon Expert/IATA Group and cannot be
reproduced or replicated in part or in whole without prior permission.
11. We will not tolerate any cheating or plagiarism and students caught doing so will be removed immediately from their course without refund or
reimbursement in whole or in part. You will also not be able to attend our School for any future courses. We have advanced technology on site that
detects if students have not submitted original content and we have the rights to test students in other ways to ensure a true understanding of the
12. Salon Expert/IATA Group is not liable for failure to provide training if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake,
storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared).
13. We take all reasonable care to ensure that all information, details, course descriptions, images, course dates, availability and any other content
appearing on our site or any printed materials or text or email communication is correct at the time of publishing. We do our best to update our
website and social media accounts as soon as required. We will try to ensure errors are fixed immediately upon detection.
14. Photos and videos may be taken during the training course by Salon Expert/IATA Group to aid with promotion of our School. Before and After
images of treatments may also need to be taken for student portfolios as evidence. If you do not wish to be filmed or for us to take photographs of
yourself for use in our promotional or marketing material and/or our social media accounts you must let us know prior to the course in writing.
Images taken and used prior to receiving your letter will not be removed. This will not exclude you from having pictures taken to record or document
evidence for our accredited training courses.
15. Please check any local bye laws, restrictions and/or insurance availability before signing up for your chosen course.
16. Students will be given a Health and Safety induction at the start of every course. Students must abide by these rules for your own safety as well as
our staff and other visitors to the School.
17. Please inform the School if you have any disabilities or additional learning needs so we can ensure we are able to provide for your needs.
18. Our courses include free tea, coffee, water and sometimes lunch. Whilst we will try to ensure we meet the main dietary needs of students, please
advise us as early as possible prior to your course if you have any special dietary requirements. Food served will be Halal, as well as Vegan
options over a variety of 3 different dishes. If you wish to bring your own packed lunch you may do so also.
19. We have a strict no smoking policy on site.
20. Children are not allowed on our premises due to insurance regulations.
21. Attending any of our courses, unless a masterclass or CPD training, will not automatically result in a ‘Pass’. Salon Expert/IATA Group wish our
standards of training to remain high and to have a respected and recognised name signified with excellence in delivering beauty training. This may
mean that some of your fellow students will pass or receive their certification before you. However, we will endeavour to try and work with any of
our students that fall below our expectations with ensuring you reach the pass rate. We will allow all students the chance to retake their theory or
practical tests should you fail the first time.
22. Additional training or one-to-one sessions can be arranged with your tutor at the cost of £150 for two hours.
23. It is forbidden to contact your teacher outside of normal working hours and at any time on their personal mobile numbers or social media accounts.
If you need to contact your course teacher they will provide you with details on the day of your course or you can contact the academy direct.
24. We reserve the right to cancel and move course dates due to weather, low student numbers, staff illness or incidents outside of our control. We will
always do our upmost to ensure reasonable notice where possible. Salon Expert/IATA Group will not be responsible for travel, flight or hotel costs
in the event of a course cancellation outside of our control.
25. Please contact us at the earliest convenience should you not receive course confirmation and booking information on your booked course.
26. Certificates are issued post training upon successful completion of the course, where you have met our criteria to pass. These will be sent to your
home address provided on your student enrolment form. Please ensure the name listed on your student enrolment form is written clearly with the
correct spelling for your certificate.
27. Replacement certificates can be provided should yours become lost or damaged. These will be subject to an administration fee and printing charge available upon request.
28.Feedback during and post training is essential to ensure we continue to meet and maintain high standards of training for all our students. Should you
have a complaint about any aspect of your course we ask you follow our complaints procedure to allow us to look into the matter and address any
of your concerns. Students wishing to appeal the outcome of an exam or practical exam will need to follow our appeals procedure available below.
Payments, Booking Fees and Cancellation Policy
Courses can either be paid in full at the time of booking or you can pay a 30% non-refundable booking fee with the final payment being made 14 days prior to the start of your course.
Courses can be paid by cash, bank transfer or online with a credit or debit card.
Booking fees/deposits are non-refundable.
Should you need to move or cancel a course date you must do so by calling or emailing us no later than 14 days prior to the start of your course date. You will then be able to book onto another course that is held within 3 months of the cancellation date. After this time all fees paid are forfeited.
Courses can only be postponed or cancelled once if done so within the correct timeframe.
Failure to pay the remaining balance of your course 14 days prior to the course start date will automatically be a cancellation and you will lose your full booking fee and the option of moving your course to another date.
Failure to ensure any requested forms or documents are returned on time prior to the course start date will result in your place being cancelled and you will forfeit your booking fee.
Any monies paid in part or in full for any course that you fail to attend, or cancel less than 14 days prior to the course start date or should you be removed off the course due to late arrival, not meeting the course requirements set out in the syllabus or for any other reason set out in our terms and conditions will result in the full loss of your course fees.
Please note, that it is in the schools and your best interest to advice us of any issues that may result in forfeiture of your fees so that we can find a solution to your problem.
All course fees should be paid no later than 48 hours prior to the course. In the likely event you fail to attend the course on the day, full payment will still be due. Payments will need to made no later than 7 days after the missed payment or legal action to recover payments and fees will be taken.
Cancellation of courses more than 14 days prior to your course start and where courses have been paid in full; will be refunded minus 15% admin and card/bank fees.
Sales of Goods
All orders of machines, kits or products are deemed special order and are in relation to the agreed terms-of-business to business trading. The purchasing of any goods from Salon Expert/IATA Group you are automatically agreeing to the terms herein.
All machines/kits will not be handed over or delivered until full payment has been received. Once payment has been received your order will be processed. Machines or products may take up to four weeks for delivery. Kits required for training courses will be available on the day of your course.
Whereby training includes the purchase of a kit, the kit will be required as part of the training course and it is your responsibility to ensure that all your contents of your kit are present prior to use. Salon Expert/IATA Group will not be responsible for lost or damage kit contents during your training course.
Kits and Machine cancellations must be done in writing only to head office. Only by direct agreement with a manager will your return be accepted for a credit note only. Credit notes can be used against any other products or courses with Salon Expert/IATA Group within 3 months of your credit note being raised.
Returned items must be unopened in original packaging. Credit notes will be raised and must be used within 3 months of issue.
Items received by courier or post and are received in a damaged condition must be reported within 24 hours of delivery and photographic evidence must be sent at the time of complaint. Replacement items will be sent to replace the damaged items.
Items sold by Salon Expert/IATA Group and sold on to other trainers, wholesalers, students or other third parties must not be resold on unless at our recommended retail price. No items sold by the British School of Beauty Therapy must be sold on any sales sites, social media or third party websites which include but not limited too Ebay, Amazon or Facebook.
Machines that are faulty are subject to our terms and conditions that allow us to repair or replace the machine within a reasonable time frame. Machines must be maintained as per instruction manuals. Non-manufacturer faults will not be covered by the warranty and additional charges may be applied direct from the manufacturer.
We hold no responsibility for loss of business whatsoever due to delay in delivery of your machine, kit or products or when your machine is in for service or repair. We may where possible be able to offer you a loan machine.
Loan machines must be maintained and kept in good condition during your possession. Damages to the loan machine may result in repair charges. It is important that machines are returned to in the same condition to us and sent well packaged and sent by secured post. You will be responsible for return costs. Loan machines must be surrendered upon request. We reserve the right to charge for any items not returned to us within the agreed time scale at £25 per item per day.
Kit contents are subject to change without notice and contents may vary. You will however receive items to the original price.
Neither party shall be in default if by reason of any delay in the performance of or failure to perform its obligations hereunder if such delay or failure is caused solely by strikes, acts of God or the public enemy riots, incendiaries interference by civil or military authorities, compliance with governmental laws, rules and regulations, delays in transit or delivery inability to secure necessary governmental priorities for materials or any fault beyond its control or without its fault or negligence. Should force majeure subsist for a period greater than 3 months, either party shall have the right to terminate the services.
The company hold no responsibility for misuse of equipment and cannot be held responsible for any claims personally brought against you. The customer shall hereby ind